[Zosslist] Another Introduction

kim at penquest.com kim at penquest.com
Sat Jun 24 06:37:11 EEST 2017

I’m part of the team sharing responsibility for the new Zoss list, so
I’m following Rick’s suggestion that we introduce ourselves. I’m
Kim Sosin, and will be doing some of the administrative and marketing
chores for the new Zoss list. I’ve either been collecting since I was
eight or since the early 90s,two dates that differ by too many years.
At age eight, my friend Nancy got this cool blue Esterbrook and I was so
jealous!  I’m still making up for that deep childhood disappointment!

My collection is all over the place, but for a few years I focused on
Conklins, particularly Conklin Crescents.  Mostly, Rick’s phrase
“anything I find interesting” resonates.  I have pens from all eras
and probably now buy as many new pens as vintage for the only good
reason:  a pen or nib appeals to me!   I love flexible nibs, so a number
of pens i nmy collection have flexxy nibs at some level.

I also worked for PCA for several years, andattended several shows per
year to sell PCA memberships (and to buy and sellpens).  Most years
I’ve been at LA,Chicago, DC, and Columbus, but I have to cut back on
that schedule.

At this point in my collecting life, the friends I’ve made and see at
shows and online mean as much- actually more -to me than the pens.  The
Zoss list feeds my desire for pen talk and my enjoyment at hearing from
you all.

Kim Sosin