[Zosslist] journals/covers

Mark (Zoss) markh at marketfire.com
Fri Jun 30 00:25:19 EEST 2017

As to paper – the European journals/notebooks/spirals (Clairfontaine, etc..) seem to work well with fp. Japanese are generally very good – I’m currently using a Midori A5 size book for everyday management.

I’ve found just about anything sold by Jetpens to be fine, they seem to care about fountain pen friendly paper.

You can search on Amazon, and anything that has any sales volume will either have ratings or answered questions about this exact question – it always comes up.

As to longevity, especially of the cover – that’s a different question. My suggestion is to spend the money for a great cover. My recommendation is Gfeller Casemakers (http://www.gfeller.us/). Not cheap, but I think they will last forever. Their main/original business is cases, holsters, etc. for geologists in the field – tough stuff.

They have a variety of sizes to fit standard books, or they can do a custom version.

(An interesting note – they first got the suggestion and design help to do this for Moleskine books from Paul Saffo, a noted Futurist, and also an occasional member of our pen club – the PPPC.)

Regards,

Mark

.