[Zosslist] Next PPPC meeting - July 29 in Berkeley

Mark (Zoss) markh at marketfire.com
Thu Jul 13 07:53:42 EEST 2017

Pan Pacific Pen Club

I. Next meeting

II. Meeting Topics & Facebook group

III. Dues

IV. San Francisco Pen Show - tables and auction

I. NEXT MEETING 12:-3:, Saturday July 29 at:

At the NORTH BRANCH of the BERKELEY LIBRARY (we've met here before)

               NOTE - THIS MEETING IS ONE HOUR LATER THAN OUR NORMAL TIME

1170 The Alameda

Berkeley, CA 94707

https://www.berkeleypubliclibrary.org/locations/north-branch

MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/tGFnesPaD262

New members are always welcome.

If you haven't been to a pen club meeting before, it's a great place to show
off your collection, buy, sell or trade, or ask experts for collecting or
repair advice. You can learn about that mystery pen you found. Or just soak
up the inky ambience - lots of pens to look at, lots of people to ask
questions about pens.

II. Meeting topics & The PPPC Facebook Group:
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/PPPC1/>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PPPC1/

Of course, the usual topic is showing, trading, buying and selling pens. But
at the end of our last meeting, some of us stayed around thinking about
having a special topic at each meeting. For example - your favorite pens,
interesting collecting interests, hardest to find, unidentified pens. If you
want to speak, request a speaker or topic, or other suggestions - please
post on the PPPC Facebook group. Or - you can comment on the meeting or
topics at our official PPPC email address-
<mailto:information.pppc at gmail.com> information.pppc at gmail.com .

If you are not a member of the FB group, just ask and one of the moderators
will approve.

The PPPC FB group is a great place to ask someone to bring a special pen or
tool to the meeting, ask for some expert repair advice, or maybe get an
estimate of the value of that pen you inherited. If there is a a pen that
you want to buy, sell or trade at the meeting, you can post it so anyone
interested can take a look.

III. Dues

The annual dues pay to rent the space, and for the food at the meeting.
Please contact Todd (email at the bottom) to arrange for payment, or see him
at the meeting.

New/prospective members are welcome to attend your first meeting free to
decide if the club is for you.

IV. San Francisco Pen Show - tables and auction The San Francisco Pen Show
will be held August 25-27 at the Hotel Pullman (formerly Sofitel) in Redwood
Shores. Todd tells me that the table are sold out, but he will be working
with the hotel to try to add some more. If you want a chance for a table,
move fast.

 <http://www.sfpenshow.com/> http://www.sfpenshow.com/

There will be an auction at the show of pens that belong to the PCA. Todd
will try to bring them to the PPPC meeting for viewing.

Hope to see everyone at the meeting:

Mark (secretary, mailing list)

 <mailto:pppc at marketfire.com> pppc at marketfire.com

Todd (Dues)