[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's and Sets - Watermans' 54 Ripple set - Eversharp (5)

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Fri Jul 28 14:52:01 EEST 2017

Hi all,

These pens have been restored and are ready to fill with ink and use,
unless noted otherwise.
I'm testing out Flickr for image hosting. The links are shorter and may work better than Pbucket. We'll see. Please e-mail me if you have any problems viewing the photos! BTW, I do not know why the photos of the writing samples came out so small. I made them one percent smaller and they look like they are ten percent small than they should be. I will work on that.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping,
Etc." at the bottom of this post.

Pen #1. circa 1939 Eversharp Doric standard size in "Gold Shell". This pen has the wire/rod plunger fill system. The pen fills well and I think Sherrell Tyree was the one who repaired the fill system. The only damage that I noticed were a couple of wear marks on the black ring between the barrel and the plunger knob. If you look closely at the photo of the pen with the cap off, look at the barrel, it only has light ambering and you can see the plunger rod inside. The nib is a smooth writing Fine and has a fair amount of flexibility. This one has the famous "ink shutoff" device under the feed. The Federal Trade Commission stopped Eversharp from using the ink shutoff, because they said it didn't work. I'm not convinced that it didn't work, because I am more likely to believe that operator error was more likely the culprit. Capped the pen measures 4 15/16 inches or 12.5 cm. The condition of the pen is Excellent.
Price $275.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4318/35411900323_59634b6163_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4329/35411900523_11de00bc46_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4307/36218793295_bc44b0ae16_m.jpg

2. circa 1928 Waterman's No. 54 red Ripple set with hard shell box. The pencil in this set is an oversize No. 0725. Sometimes buyers opted to buy the oversize pencil instead of the smaller diameter pencil for their set. There is brassing on the clip ball and a line of brassing around top and back of the pen's cap band on the top edge of the band. The name "Frank Searle" is imprinted on the pen barrel and the pencil has no names or initials on it. The Waterman's barrel imprint is deep and the barrel end imprint has some wear from posting the cap, but it is all legible. The pen and pencil have only slight oxidation (discoloration). The clam shell pen box is in very nice condition. The nib in the pen is a very smooth writing fat Fine or Medium "Manifold". The pencil mechanism is working well and feels like it has had little use. There is no brassing on the pencil's trim. It's a beautiful set and if you are not a fan flexible nibs, this might be a great set for you.
Price $295.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4319/35411899923_3db42f3859_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4317/35411900123_cc40eb8815_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4321/35411900233_ba324668ce_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/36218787115_b786148586_m.jpg

3. Eversharp Skyline full size "Gold Award" set. This is the ringed pattern and all gold filled caps and barrels. The pen has a gold filled dome and being a wartime set, the pencil has a maroon colored plastic nozzle. There is no brassing and I re-cemented the gold filled cap cover and aligned the vent holes with the outer and inner caps. There is a bump mark on the dome (which is not too noticeable and one small bump mark on the barrel. The pencil has some extra leads inside. The back of the pen cap lip is marked "1/10 14K Y.G.F., which is a very thick gold layer. The nib is a very smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm. The condition of the set is Excellent. I also have a nearly identical boxed set that is in mint/dipped condition for the pen and both pen and pencil on that set have the original stickers.
Price for the set $245.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4293/35411900813_4b0d2ab57d_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4299/35411900943_e6e4b31355_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4317/36053383492_f20ddef579_m.jpg

4. circa 1939 Doric set in "Gray Oyster". Hey! Eversharp chose that color name, not me! The color is quite unusual and I had never seen Dorics this color before. It is black veined with silver pearl, somewhat of reminiscent of reverse cracked ice used by Conway Stewart. The only other Eversharp I have seen in this color is the long, slender, square "stenographer's" pens. The pen is a short model and the pencil is a standard length. The clip and band on the pen have a bit of brassing. The lever was thinly plated and most of the plating is gone, leaving it silver colored. The trim on the pencil looks good. Capped the pen measures 4 5/16 inches or 11.2 cm. The nib on the pen is an Extra Fine 14K. It is a good looking set, mismatched as it is. The set has micro scratches and a few light scratches from typical use.

Price for the set $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4300/35411900603_fb193e06e5_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4297/35411900703_0bf95f3f80_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4327/36053370092_6dde7abd93_m.jpg

5. circa 1953 Eversharp No. 723 Ventura (burp) pen in sterling silver, mint condition with paper price band. The price band has wear, but it is mostly legible. I have not polished the pen, so it does have some spots of tarnish and micro scratches, from rolling around for the last 64 years. The nib looks to be an Extra Fine 14K. It has an Aerometric style filler and the ink sac is intact. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.1 cm.

Price $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4303/35411901693_c0c8eb7bc1_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4302/35411901763_e0c46bed9d_b.jpg

6. circa 1943 Skyline standard size set in black. The pen has a gold filled dome and the set has wide cap bands. The pencil has the original paper price band, stating "NO. J177 $5.00 - Use Eversharp Std. Lead". The pen has been used and has a new ink sac. The mechanism in the pencil is working well. The nib is a very smooth writing Medium 14K with generous ink flow and it has some flexibility. It will make up to about a 1.5 mm line, when pressure is applied. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.5 cm. This is a classy looking set and the nib in this one is really wonderful. The pen clip appears to have a bit of brassing along one edge. The pen's dome is perfect.

Price for the set $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4315/35411901483_f9ea81649b_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4300/35411901643_019a84131f_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4305/35413468863_d6e8970c44_m.jpg

number. I normally ship by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, which
is about $34.00 to most countries, except Canada, which is less.
I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com