[Zosslist] LAMY USA Service

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Sun Aug 27 21:59:46 EEST 2017

A few years ago, I filled one of my favorite daily user pens, a LAMY 2000
with some ink.

For some reason, mainly stupidity, I rotated the pen out of rotation, and
did not flush it.

So the pen was all gummed up.

When I tried to clean it, it still was gummed up, so I tried to remove the
feed.  I unscrewed the  section from the barrel and I noticed that I could
not put the two together again.  I was afraid that I had broken the feed.
(I hadn't I had merely lost a small locking ring that I did not see.)

So I just sent it to LAMY service.

You will need to include a check or money order for $9.50 per pen, made
payable to Lamy Pen USA (please do not send cash). This is only to cover
postage and handling back to you.
Send your writing instrument to:

LAMY Customer Service
555 Airline Drive
Coppell, TX 75019
(972) 393-8080
Here's what they did for my small fee for a repair that needed only a small
locking ring.

Replaced Barrell and Front Section.
Replaced Ink Feed.

Wow.  That's impressive service.  Returned by speedy first-class USPS mail
(SURPOST) in a nice box with cushioning.

It basically is a new functioning pen.

Congrats to the LAMY team.

You're keeping fountain pen enthusiasts happy.

Best to all,

David