[Zosslist] ~FS~ Vintage Parker (4) and Conklin (2)

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Sep 2 10:36:55 EEST 2017

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are
ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping,
Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. circa 1928 Conklin Endura flat top in bronze and black. The pen is what I would consider a standard size, Conklin
called this size "Medium". The clip has a patch of brassing at the top and on the tip (see photos) and the lower band has brassing on one side around to the back side. The barrel imprint has some wear, but it is deep and all of it is legible. The nib is fairly large, smooth writing Fine 14K with crescent shaped vent hole. The nib has good flow and makes nice wet dark lines. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 14.1 cm.

Price reduced to $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/zBVvWIC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TMFtwhk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ly22doS.jpg

2. circa 1928 Parker Duofold Junior "Deluxe" in Moderne Black and Pearl. The barrel is ambered and the cap has some ambering. The clip has brassing across the ball. The barrel imprint is very deep. The cap end and blind cap have discoloration. The nib is a smooth wet writing Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 4 1/2 inches or 11.5 cm.
Price reduced to $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/ggoEmQY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YTrKRjs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JMeZUVE.jpg

3. 1945 Parker Vacumatic Major in golden brown. There is no brassing on the clip or cap band. The barrel has about average discoloration to the clear segments. The paint in the blue diamond is original and intact. The reflective qualities in the plastic are quite nice and it's a good looking pen! The nib is a very smooth writing Fine y.g. 14K. I know I marked the writing sample as an "Ex-Fine", but it seems to write a bit wider than that. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price reduced to $140.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/ZmrF3VG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sZ7DZq4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wsIC2bm.jpg

4. circa 1923 Parker Duofold Junior in red hard rubber with "Giant Imprint". I did a light hand polish on the cap and barrel. It has some light scratches and marks in different places. There is a line of brassing on the bottom edge of the cap band that goes about one third of the way around the band. The barrel imprint is deep with raised edges. The milling on the cap end and blind cap show very little wear. The clip ball has typical brassing across the top. The cap and barrel threads feel a bit tight, like the threads are dry or something. The nib is a smooth writing fat Fine 14K with nice flow. Capped the pen measures 5 9/16 inches or 11.7 cm. I know that I stated on my writing sample that the pen is circa 1922, but after I did a bit more research, I believe that it must have been made around 1923.

Price reduced to $325.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/lyPrpBx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YfY4XvW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/790x17A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/N4Kfv6s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EZEGDO1.jpg

5. 1951 Parker 51 Demi Size fountain pen in Black with gold filled converging line pattern cap. The cap has a couple of very tiny bump marks and a couple of tiny scratches. There are also some small spotsof brassing on ridge of the clip, where you typically find them on these pens. It has the over the end type squeeze pressure bar. The nib
is a smooth writing fat Extra Fine 14K with very good ink flow. The ink sac is stained kind of a magenta color. It looked like it had been used with Parker Superchrome ink. I advise never using old Superchrome ink, BTW, especially in pens with black latex ink sacs. Overall the pen is in Excellent condition.

Price $120.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/s4bengy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e0L21vL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X9GDtNE.jpg

6. Conklin "4 NL" in black chased hard rubber. I think this one was certainly made later than 1913 and before 1920. It has the second version of the pocket clip that they used. The clip has a bend and some brassing on top and on the edges of the bend. The cap band and crescent do not have any brassing. The right tine of the nib has a slight bit of a wrinkle, but the tip halves are perfectly aligned. The barrel imprints and chasing are very good, but the cap may have some chasing wear towards the top. The hard rubber has mild discoloration. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible (fat) Fine 14K and writes dark, wet lines. It will make a 2 millimeter line when pressure is applied. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.8 cm.

Price $195.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/zMZwjfJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Iww4T64.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ivfBg6x.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6HUdaM7.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com