[Zosslist] Fountain pen- and writing-related books for sale

Adam Frank 64calligraphy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 03:44:53 EEST 2017

Prices include shipping via USPS in the continental United States. Due to the weight of these books, they're likely to be prohibitive to ship overseas, but if you're interested let me know and I'll figure out the price for shipping. If you don't like the price make me an offer. Email me with questions or offers. Thanks for looking!

Handwriting in America: A Cultural History, by Tamara Plakins Thornton. Paperback. Excellent condition; no obvious signs of wear. $15

Technical Sketching and Visualization for Engineers . . ., by Hyman H. Katz. The pages are somewhat yellowed with age and the cover shows some wear at the corners, but overall this book is in good condition. From 1949, this book demonstrates how to sketch technical drawings. I bought it thinking it would be a good primer on sketching generally, and while it is I quickly gave up sketching as I realized I had absolutely no talent in it. This book is looooooong out of print for obvious reasons. Asking $15

Fountain Pens Past & Present (Second Edition), by Paul Erano. I got this, I believe, at the 2008 New York City Pen Show, or possibly at one of the various retailers' pen fairs from that fall. It's inscribed to me by both Paul and David Isaacson, who took many of the photos in the book. (Paul's inscription is dated September 10, which was a Wednesday.) With a forward by Ed Fingerman of Fountain Pen Hospital, it's an invaluable resource if you're building a collection. I realized many years ago that, although I collect fountain pens, I collect pens I'll write with. I've thinned out my pen collection and, while I hate to give up the good wishes of Paul and David, need to thin out my book collection as well. $60

Fountain Pens and Pencils: The Golden Age of Writing Instruments, by George Fischler & Stuart Schneider, 3rd Edition. It comes with its dust jacket and is in like-new condition - no signs of wear at all.  Another tremendously useful guide for the collector of vintage writing instruments. This 307-page reference guide is hard to find and generally sells for $75. Get your copy for $65 shipped to your door.