[Zosslist] ~FS~ Fountain Pens - Eversharp - Waterman's - Cartier - Bexley +

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Oct 14 09:16:25 EEST 2017

Hi all,

These pens have been restored and are ready to fill with ink and use,
unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping,
Etc." at the bottom of this post.
#1. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full size pen and pencil set in Ruby Red moiré. I don't know what Eversharp actually called this color, but it reminds me of grade A rubies. I know they called they called the blue moiré "sapphire". The only damage I can report is some typical brassing on the edges of the lever, from the cap being posted and most of the gold plating is missing on the pencil's nozzle, which is also typical for this model. The pencil is push button activated and it is working well. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible Fine 14K. It is a wet writer and will make up to about a 2 mm line. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.3 cm. The condition of the set is Excellent.
Price reduced to $175.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/DgK8y4L.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7IyFz5d.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yzNvEB9.jpg

2. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full size set in silver moiré. These are one of the more sought after and desirable versions of the Skylines. The pen's pocket clip has some pitting along the edges and there is a bump mark towards the tip of the clip. There is some typical brassing on the edges of the lever, from the cap being posted. There is a little area of damage on the backside of the dome, where the trim ring and the clip meet. The clips on Skylines can be difficult to reinstall and the damage was there when I got the pen. The pencil mechanism is activated by a button on top to advance the lead and it is working well. The black part of the pencil, above the trim ring, has a couple of bite marks. The nozzle has some light scratches. The pencil's gold filled trim is in nice condition. The pen has a silicone ink sac installed. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible Medium 14K and is a wet writer. The nib will make up to about a 2 mm line. Capped the pen measures 5 3/16 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/mm651pZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s2rczJb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/e3hNCBs.jpg

3. Cartier Gordon (?) Trinity Rings fountain pen. I do not know exactly when the model was made, but I suspect the 1980's or 90's. I believe it is silver plated, because the outer box flap has a tag marked "PA" which I think stands for plaqué argent, which in English is silver plated. I could not find any hallmarks or the typical French sterling marks. The nib is a Medium marked with the crossed double "C" Cartier logo and 18K - .750. The pen comes in the original outer and inner boxes with the instruction booklet and guarantee. The pen has some bluish colored tarnish, which I can try to carefully remove if requested. It has a converter, but can be used with ink cartridges. Cartridges are not included. This is a long slender pen. Capped it measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.7 cm. The pen is in Mint, never inked condition.
Price $325.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/ll4DeO0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gwuadGi.jpg

4. Teens or 20's Waterman's 452 1/2V fountain pen hand engraved vine pattern in sterling silver. This particular model has a double cap, which I have seen incorrectly called a "Thimble Cap" and the actual model name may be a "Telescoping" cap. I am not sure what Waterman's name for this model was, but it may have been the latter. The outer top cap is slip fit over the cap that threads onto the barrel. It was a way of removing the pen from a chain, watch chain or ribbon without unhooking the pen for use. The pen has wear on the engraving and the lined lower end cover. The lever is also hand engraved. There is one dent on the LEC that is about 2mm across and one tiny bump mark. The indicia is very nicely engraved with, I think, the initials are "EMK". The nib is a smooth flexible Extra Fine 14K, that makes up to about 1.75 mm line. It is a wet writer. Capped the pen measures 3 1/2 inches or 9.1 cm. This is a scarce Waterman's model and even more scarce in the hand engraved vine pattern.
Price reduced to $275.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/IdJZn3Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/H71hTT4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f3Z5tpw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/As9vUQq.jpg

5. Redipoint pencil in sterling silver with very odd design on the barrel. If the shapes on the barrel were gemstones I would call the shape marquise. It also has raised lines on the barrel. The clip has a bit of side to side wiggle and it is not quite as tight to the barrel as I would like it to be. The pencil takes .046 or 1.1 mm leads. The mechanism is working well. The length of the pencil is 5 5/8 inches or 14.2 cm. Other than the slightly loose clip the condition is very nice. *NOTE* Jon Veley, the past editor of the Pennant directed me to a bit of information on this pencil. I had noticed an inscription under the regular Redipoint imprint, at the top: “Every Pound Pulls,” the slogan for the Concrete Steel Company’s line of Havemeyer Bars (what we call “rebar,” the metal rods used to reinforce concrete) and the bumps on the barrel mimicked the contour of Havemeyer Bars." Jon implied that these are fairly scare pencils.

Price $85.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/KjywpyG.jpg

6. Bexley 10th Anniversary in green pearl and red swirl with silver colored trim. The cap and barrel have not been engraved with the particular model. With some help, I determined that this pen was a prototype, as it is missing the normal laser engraving and it has a blind cap to access the converter. The regular production models do not have a blind cap. This one has a two tone Medium alloy nib. The nib is very smooth on paper. It is a cartridge/converter fill and comes with a converter. The barrel has a blind end cap that can be unscrewed to access the converter for filling. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm. It has a fairly large diameter. The pen appears to never have been filled or dip tested. Did I mention the green and red material is gorgeous? I like it anyway.
Price further reduced to $220.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/PVXmGvr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2xgOCwr.jpg

number. I normally ship by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail, which
is about $34.00 to most countries, except Canada, which is less.
I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com