[Zosslist] Sad news: Loss of Dr. Nick Olmos Lau

Lih-Tah Wong lwong at cmsconnect.com
Sun Mar 18 19:20:45 EET 2018

Hello Zoss Pens List folks,

It is with a heavy heart that I report the passing of another in our pen community, Dr. Nick Olmos-Lau, 72.

Nick was my good friend whom I looked forward to seeing every year at the DC Pen Show.  He was a modest gentleman in spite of his many accomplishments and activities: retired neurologist, polyglot (10 languages), calligrapher, pen collector, and long-distance marathon swimmer.

He is my only friend who succeeded the triple crown in marathon swimming: crossing the English Channel, circumnavigating Manhattan, and crossing from Catalina to Los Angeles. When I learned about his English Channel crossing, the incredulous look on my face caused him to smile and modestly say "The skinny ones usually don't make it."

He will be greatly missed by all who knew him, and a great loss for our pen community.

On behalf of our community, I send our deep condolences to his wife Nancy and family.

With great sadness,

Lih-Tah Wong
www.Parker75.com