[Zosslist] (no subject)

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Mar 24 10:15:28 EET 2018

Hi all,
My list is heavy with Parkers this week, they are part of what I have
purchased in the last three months.

These pens have been restored and are ready to fill with ink and use,
unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.
1. circa 1926 Parker Duofold Senior in "Lacquer-red" Permanite plastic. It has a small Duofold barrel imprint with the Lucky Curve banner. The clip ball has a typical spot of brassing on top. I did not find any brassing on the raised cap band. I recolored the cap and barrel ends. The cap end has some shallow tooth marks. The original nib and feed were replaced in the past with Vacumatic parts. This type of repair was done routinely at Parker and probably others who serviced older Parker Duofolds, once original parts were no longer made and supplies ran out. The nib is a smooth writing Medium 14K arrow. It lays down a nice dark wet line. The overall condition of the pen is Excellent.
Price $250.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/bzrYPap.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eBTO6eN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AiSyA0M.jpg

2. circa 1929 Parker Duofold Junior convertible desk set in Jade with chrome and black Art Deco pen base. These are convertible from pocket pen to desk pen. It comes with a cap, blind cap and desk pen taper. This is a neat set and the base is one I had not seen before. The chromium plating on the base has some pitting and and a bit of plating loss, but it is still quite attractive. Someone replaced the felt on the bottom with new black felt. I would have used green, but it matches the disc on top. I just do not have room to display more desk sets and have been trying to sell some of them. I replaced the ink sac with a real silicone sac. I had freshly replaced it and had to dip the pen for the writing sample, so the ink lightens towards the bottom of the writing sample. The nib is very smooth writing and is either a fat Fine or Medium. Except for a couple of tooth marks on the taper of the pen, condition is Excellent. The barrel imprint is deep. There is only a hint of brassing on the clip ball. The cap and barrel ends are shiny black, as is the taper. There is a slight difference in color between the cap and barrel. It is difficult to find jade green Parkers with this nice of color.
Price $275.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/2iQcYb2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/4Rqbi7F.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Mp9hxSA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rsxEqzA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2tF6ItR.jpg

3. 1948 Parker "51" full size pen and pencil set in Cocoa with Lustraloy caps. The pen is a 1948 and the pencil was made in '49. It is not uncommon to find mismatched dates in Parker sets, in my experience. The barrels have a nice polish. The caps have micro scratches and some typical signs of use. The pen's ink sac is clear/white, indicating that the pen did not have much use. The ink sac cover tube  is in nice condition, as you can see in one of the photos. The pencil is cap actuated to advance the lead and it is working well. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. The set is in Excellent Condition.
Price $250.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/zIQmmpd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Gk9nbUU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6WZQnfG.jpg

4. circa 1937 oversize Conklin Nozac "7M Word Gauge" in silver stripe. Faceted pens, such as Nozacs and Eversharp Dorics are difficult and time consuming to carefully polish, to avoid rounding the edges of the facets, but they look so much better when they are finished. This pen has some faults, but I took the time to carefully polish it. I chemically welded a crack in the cap that runs from the lip to the tip of the clip. I have found that the chemical welding works and holds a bit better than using epoxy or Cyanoacrylate based adhesives. There is an area of shrinkage on a couple of the barrel facets, above the barrel threads and I am not sure what caused it. There are also a bunch of nibble marks on the filling knob. I replaced the old cork plunger head with new o-ring seals and the pen is filling well.The barrel imprints are deep. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. My price reflects the flaws in the pen. If the pen were perfect, it would be worth about $450.00 to $500.00. Just letting you know!
Price $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/CjuCPSa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KpQPl4C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0g22qVh.jpg

5. circa 1926 Duofold Junior in black Permanite plastic. The early black flat top Duofolds are a bit harder to find than the other four colors. I think the lapis blue, jade and Mandarin Yellow pens were dazzling to customers when they hit the market and the red was very popular. The gold filled trim is in nice condition. There might have been some brassing on the ball of the clip. The cap has a "raised" cap band. The cap end has some very shallow nibble marks and there are about five or six on the barrel end. I did not recolor the cap and barrel ends, they have very light discoloration and contrast nicely with the shiny black cap and barrel. The barrel imprint is the small Duofold Jr. with a Lucky Curve banner, and it is deep with raised edges. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine or Fine 14K.  The condition of the pen is Excellent and better than the one in my personal collection.

Price $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/Cgi1AhU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1mQR34Z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mINECXs.jpg

6. circa 1950 Parker "51" Flighter with gold filled clip and cap band. The gold filled trim on this one is perfect. The cap and barrel have micro scratches and signs of normal use and in one of the photos you can see posting marks on the barrel end. Several times when I have had 51 Flighers the barrel ends would be dented and I would have to remove the dents and flat spots. This one is perfect on the end. I cleaned up the clip and cap band and also polished the nib shell. The ink sac cover tube is in nice condition. The nib is a smooth writing fat Fine 14K.

Price $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/qsv4OK7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9E8L78n.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uYC4Dfn.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com