[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's - Waterman's 612 - Wahl - Parker - 3 Skyine moiré
Northwest Pen Works
michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Apr 7 13:21:49 EEST 2018
These pens have been restored and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.
If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:
michael at northwestpenworks.com
If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.
1. circa 1928 Parker Duofold Jr. in Lacquer-red Permanite plastic. The only flaw I found on the pen is a bit of brassing at the top of the clip and on the clip ball and some thin lines of brassing on the edges of the cap bands. I recolored the cap end and blind cap. The original nib and feed was replaced at some point with Vacumatic parts. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K arrow. Capped the pen measures 4 1/2 inches or 11.5 cm.
Price $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
2. circa 1927 Wahl black chased hard rubber with "Grecian Border" pattern. The gold filled trim does not have any brassing that I could see. It does have some nibble marks on both ends, cap and barrel. The chasing has light wear on the barrel. The cap and barrel have some slight discoloration. The nib is a smooth writing number 2 size Flexible Fine 14K and will make about a 1.75 mm line with moderate pressure. It is a wet writing pen. This is a long slender pen and capped it measures 5 3/16 inches or 13.2 cm. Are you looking for a pen with a flexible nib? This is a good one!
Price $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
3. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full length Modern Stripe aka moiré in Garnet Red. The only flaws I found on this pen is typical brassing along the edges of the clip and outer center edges of the lever, where the lever is raised. The levers on Skylines very often have wear from the caps being posted. It also has an odd indentation towards the barrel end that was a bit too deep to remove. I could not tell if if was a bite mark or a manufacturing defect. The mark is not too noticeable. The nib smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. The garnet red version of Skyline is a bit harder to find than some of the other colors. I think they were not made as long as some of the other colors of moiré. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price $175.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
4. 1940's Eversharp Skyline pen and pencil set, full length, Modern Stripe aka moiré in golden brown ( I do not know what Eversharp actually named this color). The pencil is push button activated to advance the lead. The mechanism is working well and there is no damage to the pencil. The clip on the fountain pen has a little pitting on the edges and some plating loss on the tip and the raised part of the lever. The nib is a smooth writing Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
5. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full size fountain pen in blue moiré. This one is a bandless model and I am unsure of which cap model was the most common, narrow cap band, wide or bandless. The clip has a bit of pitting along the edges and the lever has brassing in the center and along the edges from being posted. The cap has a slight indent from the clip, next to the tip of the clip. The nib is a very smooth Flexible Fine 14K and will make up to about a 1.75 mm line. It is a wet writer. Capped the pen measures 5 3/16 inches or 13.2 cm. There is a slight difference in color between the cap and barrel, the cap is a bit darker. It was probably due to the two parts coming from different batches of plastic.
Price $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
6. Waterman's No. 612 in black hard rubber with abalone and mother-of-pearl slabs on the barrel, also two chased g.f. barrel bands. The barrel bands have a bit of brassing on the high spots, which is very difficult to see with the naked eye. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K, but it can be hard to start and it tends to make railroad track lines sometimes. I will try to see if I can make the nib behave better, but it's not a pen I would ever try and use much. I think the 612's were made between about 1905 and '15. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm.
Price $650.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
Rules, Shipping, Etc.
The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
international customers are always welcome.
Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
number and insurance. I normally ship inside the U.S. by U.S.
Postal Service Priority Mail. I also ship to other countries by Priority
Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
if you request it, but it is costly.
Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
(pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
not be responsible for any other problems.
E-mail: michael at northwestpenworks.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Zosslist