[Zosslist] Parker 51 Sluggish, won't write left to right, right to left.

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Sun Apr 8 22:25:37 EEST 2018

Hello,

I have a Cedar Blue  Parker 51 with a very broad nib - probably a
stub, but actually more like an italic, but I don't believe Parker
made italics for the 51.

The nib looks like it is slightly bent upward, perhaps from pressure
to get it started, but the angle is just right to align the tipping
pad to  the paper, so I  guess that is normal for  this  nib.

On most pens I don't find it difficult to remove the nib and  clean
out  the feed and ink collector, but the 51 seems unusual and I am
reluctant.

Any recommendations?  Should I separate the tines - and if so with what?

I have an ultrasonic cleaner, would  this work and bypass the removing the nib?

Thanks,

David