[Zosslist] Parker 51 Sluggish, won't write left to right, right to left.

Rick Propas rickpropas at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 22:39:05 EEST 2018

David,

Parker made all kinds of nibs for these pens, I even have a reverse
oblique. (Thanks Mikey!)

Without having the pen in hand it is hard to diagnose the issues.

The trick with the 51 is to remember that it is both top and bottom
feed. It could be feed(s), it could be nib.

Removing the nib from the pen involves removing the hood (unless you
have a special tool to pull it).

Then the whole thing should be cleaned ultrasonically, the underfeed set
and then the tricky part is to heat set the overfeed, which is the inner
bore of the hood.

To make this pen perform as it should you really want to send it to a
competent repair person, with an emphasis on competent.

Ultrasonic cleaning can't hurt as long as you use the ultrasonic carefully.

Regards,
Rick