[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage Fountain Pens - Parker - Conklin - Eversharp - Sheaffer's

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Apr 14 05:54:35 EEST 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. circa 1923 Parker Duofold Senior in black hard rubber. I can only date this pen in a range, it could have been made as late as 1926. The pen has brassing on the lower half of the band about 3/4 the way around the cap band and it has brassing across the top of the clip ball. The barrel imprint is very worn, but the word Duofold is not too bad. The hard rubber has light discoloration and you can tell the degree by the area where the cap covers behind the barrel threads (see photo with cap off). The pen has typical marks on the HR from use, but nothing too outstanding, one little scratch mark on the cap and one on the blind cap. There are no cracks in the HR. I only very lightly polished the cap and barrel, so that the pen would retain most of its patina and character. The nib is about a medium and very smooth. It is marked Parker Duofold Pen and "P". Capped the pen measures 5 1/2 inches or 13.9 cm. This is a reasonably straight 90 plus year old pen with some character.

Price reduced to $235.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/ZjNJcE8.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wkdqnTM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OsU59Wa.jpg

2. Eversharp Skyline full size "Gold Award" set. This is the ringed pattern and all gold filled caps and barrels. The pen has a gold filled dome and being a wartime set, the pencil has a maroon colored plastic nozzle. There is a bump mark on the dome (which is not too noticeable and one small bump mark on the barrel. The pencil has some extra leads inside. The back of the pen cap lip is marked "1/10 14K Y.G.F., which is a very thick gold layer. The nib is a very smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm. The condition of the set is Excellent. *NOTE* In the photo of the pen with the cap off, you might notice a dull spot. It was shellac that I have since removed. I also have a nearly identical boxed set that is in mint/dipped condition for the pen and both pen and pencil have the original stickers on the other set.
Price reduced to $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/2Wuyk1c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xC0KFCU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gSWVBPU.jpg

3. circa 1928 Parker Duofold Junior "Deluxe" in Moderne Black and Pearl. The barrel is ambered and the cap has some ambering. The clip has brassing across the ball. The barrel imprint is very deep. The cap end and blind cap have discoloration. The nib is a smooth wet writing Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 4 1/2 inches or 11.5 cm.

Price reduced to $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/ggoEmQY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YTrKRjs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JMeZUVE.jpg

4. circa 1930 Conklin Symetrik Endura set in "Green and Pearl". There is no brassing on the gold filled trim of the pen or pencil. The pen has some patches of discoloration, but normally when you find a green and pearl Symetrik Endura the cap and barrel are very discolored. This set has the nicest color of any I have seen before. The pencil has a deep notch or cut on the cap and I did not remove the teeth marks on the cap, thinking it would be best to replace it (see photos). The pencil works smooth and advances and retracts the lead as it should. I installed a real silicone ink sac in the pen, to help preserve the color of the plastic.
The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K, with a bit of flex, marked Conklin Endura. Capped the pen measures 5 1/8 inches or 13.1 cm. These are what I would consider a standard size set.

Price for the set $385.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/dgNOWbz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f0jqUw4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vJYb7C6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K5VjCcW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Xqf0Wnb.jpg

5. circa 1929 Sheaffer's oversize Lifetime White Dot Balance set. The only thing I can see on the pen or pencil that could be considered as damage, is a thin line of brassing across the clip ball and the pen barrel has moderate discoloration and a small spot of discoloration on the cap. The pen has the name "L.E. Young" imprinted on the pen, in small block letters. There is no name imprint on the pencil. The barrel imprint on the pen is deep. This is a very early 1929 set, marked "Pat'd - Patent Pending" They were produced before the patent was awarded to the W.A. Sheaffer's Co. The pencil is working well and has extra leads. The nib is a very smooth writing Fine 14K. The overall condition of the set is Excellent.

Price further reduced to $265.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

http://i.imgur.com/jWr9wDk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jRZMDV3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hZFAOSn.jpg

6. Eversharp Skyline "Yellow Cab" fountain pen. These were made in the mid-1990's. The pen is in mint condition and boxed. The only thing missing is the yellow taxi cab model car. I have seen others offered that were missing the model car. I suspect that kids small or large may have been the culprits.

The pen is similar in length to an original standard size 1940's Eversharp Skyline, but about 1/8 inch longer. It has a converter filler and the converter knob is accessed by removing a blind cap. I am not positive that ink cartridges can be used with these, I do not know how it would be possible to remove an ink cartridge once it was used up. The nib is a 14K - .585 Medium. The nib has the double check mark seal logo and is also marked Skyline, with the gold content and tip width and a fancy scroll work border around the outer edges of the nib. You know that scroll work makes modern pens write much better!

Price reduced to $150.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/x8CtQmZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sdKxGTb.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com