[Zosslist] ~FS~ 5 Fountain Pen and a Pencil - Parker - Onoto De La Rue - Sheaffer's - plus

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Apr 21 04:19:30 EEST 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. Anonymous eyedropper fill fountain pen with sterling silver filigree overlay. The overlay was made by the electro deposit method. The overlay has an Art Nouveau pattern with a large flower on the cap and the overlay is hand engraved. The cap reminds me of a Waterman's overlay that I have. The top of the cap has a number of small very shallow bump marks and small scratches. The indicia panel on the barrel has the name "Frank Prall" engraved in a cursive style. The overlay is tight everywhere with no breaks or cracks. It has a smooth writing Flexible Extra Fine Waterman's replacement nib. The nib is a wet writer and will make up to about a 2 mm line on a down stroke. Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.7 cm. My guess, by the style of the overlay and the fact that this is a slip cap pen, is that it was likely made between about 1905 and 1912. The pen appears to have been well loved and used by the original owner. The cap and barrel are marked sterling.

Price $250.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/uZtRwKn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kYH178s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/So966Ud.jpg

2. 1937 Onoto De La Rue fountain pen in golden web. This is a plunger filling pen and the filling system resembles those used by Sheaffer's and Eversharp. The clips on these were thinly gold plated and there is very little gold remaining on this one. The plunger gasket has been replaced and the pen fills very well. The barrel has some light ambering, but has very good translucency. The cap is also translucent which can be seen below the inner cap. The nib is a moderately flexible Extra Fine and will make up to about a 1 mm line. The nib is marked De La Rue - Onoto - 14Ct - London - 2. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm. Onotos are sought after, especially in the U.K.

Price $245.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/3Ix1qES.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rlQHNqH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/R64YlzF.jpg

3. circa 1928 Parker Duofold Junior pencil in "Moderne Black and Pearl". There is some light ambering just above the nozzle. The clip ball has typical brassing across the top and on the center ridge of the crown. The top plate on the crown is not dented or scratched. The length of the pencil is 5 1/16 or 12.9 cm. The mechanism is working well. You turn the crown to advance the lead.
Price $57.50 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

https://i.imgur.com/aTPDifp.jpg

4. 1937 first year Sheaffer's Crest full size fountain pen in golden brown stripe. This is a lever fill pen. The name "C.M. Logan" is hand engraved on the clip. There is no brassing on the cap or clip. There are two very shallow dents in the side of the cap, that are hard to see, and one tiny peck mark. The first year Crests have threads at the end of the section, similar to Parker Imperial pens. Both were short lived models. The nib is a smooth and moderately flexible Extra Fine and will make up to about a 1.5 mm line. Capped the pen measures 5 1/2 inches or 13.9 cm.

Price $295.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

https://i.imgur.com/NfyFz7W.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QPV2biK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUsm0le.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7i0JkRm.jpg

5. 1946 Parker 51 full size fountain pen in Cordovan Brown with gold filled solid line cap. The cap has no dents or brassing. This one has Art Deco style initials imprinted on the barrel "FED", which I thought was kind of interesting. I did not color in the initials, but if you purchase the pen and tell me what color you would like the letters to be, I can do that for you. I think the initials were original silver colored. The nib is a smooth writing fat Fine or Medium with wet ink flow. It has a Vacumatic filling system. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.3 cm. The blind cap has a bit of a tight fit, but flip side is that makes it more difficult to lose. The pen's condition is Excellent.
Price $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

https://i.imgur.com/aKF5uxo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xOMKhDx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2La96Ua.jpg

6. 1943 Parker Vacumatic Junior fountain pen in vibrant emerald green. The clip has a little wear on the edges of the top two or three veins of the feather. The barrel imprint is deep. The barrel has typical ambering of the clear segments. The nib has a bit of wave behind the tip, but the tip halves are even and it feels good on paper. The nib is a very smooth writing Fine 14K arrow. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price $160.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com