[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's - Ster. Filigree - Parker - A.S. CO. - Wahl Eversharp

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat May 19 06:23:24 EEST 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1.Anonymous c. 1905 eyedropper fill pen with sterling silver filigree overlay, which appears to me to have been applied with the "electro deposit" method. It has some little dents on the domed top part of the cap and teeth marks on the top end. The section has some teeth marks. It has the intials "E D" engraved in cursive on the indicia panel. The black hard rubber has minimal discoloration. The overlay is Art Nouveau and has hand engraved embellishments. The nib is a smooth writing Fine warranted 14K with a bit of flexibility. It is a wet writing pen. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.9 cm.

Price $185.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/C4TaDs0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fdF5mFh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JB06Fs2.jpg

2. 1905 to '18 Parker No. 42 1/2 gold filled and black chased hard rubber. There is a thin line of brassing around the top edge of the the overlay on the cap end and very thin lines of brassing at the outer edges of the gold filled barrel band. The underside of the section has a straight crack, starting at the lip on, that is about 3.5 to 4 millimeters long. It does not leak and I did not bother repairing it, as there should not be any pressure there when writing. I think the earliest versions of this model did not have the wide cap lip band. I believe that these were added at the factory, starting at a later production date, do to cap lips breaking. I inspected the inside of the cap lip and there does not appear to be any cracks, so I think the band was installed at the factory. In my opinion these have a pretty high "cool factor". I like the pen, and you know, if it does not sell, it can live at our house. The nib is an Extra Fine Semi-Flexible 14K Lucky Curve. Capped the pen measures 4 7/8 inches or 12.5 cm.

Price $395.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/G5kKJ2D.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WXmyXjl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JLM5rse.jpg

3. 1930's A.S CO. made by Aurora in Italy. This one is lapis blue with black hard rubber ends. It is similar in size to oversize Sheaffer's flat top pens, but slightly smaller in diameter. It has discoloration in the cap and barrel. The cap bands are brassed and the clip is brassed on the hump and the ball. The A.S. CO. pens were made for other companies and government entities, from what I have read about them. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible Medium 14K, marked .585 and was made by Rover. It is a very wet writing pen. I am not sure if Rover was an Aurora brand or somehow associated with them. I saw another one of these offered by an Italian seller recently. They stated that these pens are scarce. It is a button fill pen and the overall design somewhat resembles Parker Duofold pens. Capped the measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm.

Price $325.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/Orrp2PJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WLNmJ1q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/y8YX5q1.jpg

4. 1927 or '28 Wahl #2 in solid 14K rose gold. The engine turned pattern is called "Hawthorne". I have see a lot of different Wahl pens, but I had never seen the pattern of this one before. The pattern was only applied to solid gold Wahl pens. All solid gold Wahls are fall somewhere between rare and scarce. The only condition problem I noticed on pen is a shallow dent next to the clip.  There are a couple of very shallow bump marks on the side of the barrel end. One thing I noticed that is different about this 14K pen, as opposed to gold filled Wahls, is that the cap and barrel ends are soldered on instead of having metal from the sides beaded over to hold the end pieces in place. Another interesting point of detail I noticed is in the engine turning. It has super fine detail that I have never seen in the engine turned patterns on gold filled Wahls. Some of the detail I did not notice, until I happened to look at it under 10 power magnification. I have resacced the pen, and the nib is a smooth "wet noodle" Extra Fine or Fine. Take a look at the photos, as you might never see an example of one of these pens again. Capped the pen measures 4 7/8 inches or 12.4 cm. The nib is a smooth writing Flexible Extra Fine 14K.

Price $995.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/FkAkLYq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GPW0TrJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vVR15Fr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qjCFdiy.jpg

5. c. 1960 (?) Parker "61" cartridge/converter fill fountain pen in Turquoise with rose and yellow gold filled Rainbow cap. This version of Parker 61 with the cart./converter fill system is more desirable by some collector and more sought after than the pens with the capillary fill system. This one comes with the original box and filling instructions. The pen had been filled and lightly used. It has some micro scratches on the cap, but I would still consider it to be in near mint condition. There is a bit of staining from turquoise colored ink in the ink sac. The nib is a very smooth writing Medium 14K. As you can see in one of the photos, it comes with a squeeze type converter. This is either a MK II  or III 61 and I am not sure which exact version it is.

Price $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/bhoySsI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iu7MULs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Ptgezzb.jpg

6. c. 1939 Eversharp Doric fountain pen in golden brown with green veins. This is a short model pen. The gold filled trim has no wear and the cap lip is in good condition. The cap and barrel ends have light tooth marks and the plastic has not been polished, so there also other signs of use. The nib is a smooth writing Semi-Flexible 14K. It is a lever fill pen. Capped the pen measures 4 3/8 inches or 11.2 cm.
Price $150.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/mloX0c9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7k61H2I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ybxzC7e.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com