[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage Pens - Eversharp - Wahl - Croxley - Waterman's - Sheaffer's

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Jun 2 12:56:19 EEST 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1. 1940's Eversharp Skyline pen and pencil set, full length, Modern Stripe aka moiré in golden brown ( I do not  know what Eversharp actually named this color). The pencil is push button activated to advance the lead. The mechanism is working well and there is no damage to the pencil. The clip on the fountain pen has a little pitting on the edges and some plating loss on the tip and the raised part of the lever. When I shot the photo of the pen with the cap on, I did not have the barrel screwed tightly into the cap, so it looks a bit cockeyed. The pen is perfectly straight and NOT warped. The nib is a smooth writing Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price further reduced to $175.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/SDFBFuk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9ajts4G.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sfhQqwK.jpg

2. 1920's Wahl pen in yellow gold filled with "Grecian Border" pattern. The cap and barrel both have a thin line of brassing on the
edges. There is one small dent in the barrel, the cap and barrel have four or five slight bump marks and there are a couple of shallow bump marks on the barrel end. The edge of the section has corrosion damage and you can see a thin like of BHR on the edge.The original nib was broken and I replaced it with a later Eversharp nib. The nib is very smooth writing Fine or Extra Fine 14K and it has lots of flex with light pressure. I messed up the first loops I did in the writing sample. The nib had a fiber trapped between the tines and it drew the ink across the open part of the loops. Capped the pen measures 4 15/16 inches or 12.6 cm.

Price further reduced to $150.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/NhsUWZD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/w56boEf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Z22qGpD.jpg

3. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full length Modern Stripe aka moiré in Garnet Red. The only flaws I found on this pen is typical brassing along the edges of the clip and outer center edges of the lever, where the lever is raised. The levers on Skylines very often have wear from the caps being posted. It also has an odd indentation towards the barrel end that was a bit too deep to remove. I could not tell if if was a bite mark or a manufacturing defect. The mark is not too noticeable. The nib smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. The garnet red version of Skyline is a bit harder to find than some of the other colors. I think they were not made as long as some of the other colors of moiré. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price reduced to $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/vPB1jE4.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UcQALbk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EFtmQ7U.jpg

4. c. 1938 Croxley in burgundy pearl and black. I have always liked the stepped Art Deco clips and lever tabs on the Croxley pens. There is some pitting along the ridge of the lever and a bit on the cap band, which is typical for these pens. The barrel is imprinted "Made in Gt Britain" and "The Croxley Pen - A Dickinson Product". The pen has the wrong nib, but it is an upgrade from my point of view. The nib is a very smooth writing Parker Medium 14K that was made in the UK. It's not too flexible, but I would call it a "soft" nib. The plastic is very reminiscent of the black and burgundy pearl that Parker used, but a bit lighter and has more reflective quality. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price reduced to $155.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/eMQlWkZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0GytWvw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/95UMrlg.jpg

5. 1929 or '30 Waterman's No. 94 in silver pearl with red. The cap has a repaired crack that runs from the cap lip and above the
band. I chemically welded it, which seems to hold better than when cyanoacrylate or epoxy are used. If you post your pen caps on the barrel end, this pen is probably not for you. The clip has a some very small pits in the plating around the top edge of the clip. I think this is likely the earliest version of this cap as it has a riveted clip and plain cap band. The later ones had different clip and a decorative cap band. The nib is a smooth Flexible about a Medium 14K, with a bit of stubbish effect. It is a wet writer and lays down a dark line. The cap end has the typical five steps. The 94's are a bit larger in diameter than the 92's. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.8 cm.

Price further reduced to $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

http://i.imgur.com/sk1gb0u.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kCNnlDj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zo0sxip.jpg

6. 1936 Sheaffer's "Vacuum" (WASP) in green swirled pearl and black. It's the pattern that is sometimes called "Bird's Eye" and various other names. It has some pitting and plating wear on the lever. The barrel is imprinted "Vacuum" and the nib is stamped "WASP 6". These pens have always fascinated me and I think they are one of the most interesting and prettiest plastics made in the 1930's. The nib is a smooth Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price reduced to $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/6prdFjP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FQ0H6yV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zxQ4KAJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kTJREBG.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com