[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Eversharp Fountain Pens and Sets
Northwest Pen Works
michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Jun 30 12:27:46 EEST 2018
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.
If you see one or more pens that you like, please reply to me at:
michael at northwestpenworks.com
If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.
#1. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full size set in gold filled "Dart" engine turned pattern. In my personal experience Skylines with the Dart pattern are the hardest to find. Harder to find than solid 14K, sterling or stainless steel caps. There is no brassing on the pen or pencil. The dome on the pen has a small dent on each side and a shallow diagonal bump mark on the pen's barrel. The pencil has some marks on the nozzle. The pencil is push button activated and is functioning properly. The set was a presentation to a police officer and is engraved on the cap lip in small block letters: "To Patrolman R.E. Wagner From The Boys On His Retirement Oct. 1920 To 1942". The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.3 cm.
Price reduced to $450.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
2. circa 1942 Eversharp Skyline set, full standard size. I believe this model was called "Gold Award" and it is gold filled. In my experience this version is probably the scarcest and hardest to find of the all metal Skyline pens and pencils. They are longitudinally lined, which I think was a short production run. These are much harder to find than the solid 14 Karat gold Skylines. The pen does have some brassing on the lever, some very small areas on the clip, two small areas on either side of the lever and a spot on the very end of the barrel. The barrel also has three dents towards the center portion. The dome on the pen has flattened spots and some small dings. Both the pen and pencil have the name Roland Morrison engraved in cursive script on the cap lips. The nib is a very smooth writing two tone fat Fine 14K with nice flow. I like the appearance of the nib so much that I took a close up shot of it. You should be able to see in the photos, the pencil's clip has plating loss. The base metal is silver color and may indeed be silver, I know some of this version of pen was made of sterling then plated. The rest of the set is regular gold filled with normal base metal. The pencil button has a small flattened spot and a very tiny bump mark next to the clip at the top. The pencil propels the lead as it should. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.3 cm. The price is based on
condition (not perfect) and scarcity.
Price further reduced to $295.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
3. Eversharp Skyline full size "Gold Award" set. This is the ringed pattern and all gold filled caps and barrels. The pen has a gold filled dome and being a wartime set, the pencil has a maroon colored plastic nozzle. There is a bump mark on the dome (which is not too noticeable and one small bump mark on the barrel. The pencil has some extra leads inside. The back of the pen cap lip is marked "1/10 14K Y.G.F., which is a very thick gold layer. The nib is a very smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.4 cm. The condition of the set is Excellent. *NOTE* In the photo of the pen with the cap off, you might notice a dull spot. It was shellac that I have since removed. I also have a nearly identical boxed set that is in mint/dipped condition for the pen and both pen and pencil have the original stickers on the other set.
Price reduced to $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
4. 1940's Eversharp Skyline pen and pencil set, full length, Modern Stripe aka moiré in golden brown ( I do not know what Eversharp actually named this color). The pencil is push button activated to advance the lead. The mechanism is working well and there is no damage to the pencil. The clip on the fountain pen has a little pitting on the edges and some plating loss on the tip and the raised part of the lever. When I shot the photo of the pen with the cap on, I did not have the barrel screwed tightly into the cap, so it looks a bit cockeyed. The pen is perfectly straight and NOT warped. The nib is a smooth writing Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price further reduced to $175.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
5. 1940's Eversharp Skyline full length Modern Stripe aka moiré in Garnet Red. The only flaws I found on this pen is typical brassing along the edges of the clip and outer center edges of the lever, where the lever is raised. The levers on Skylines very often have wear from the caps being posted. It also has an odd indentation towards the barrel end that was a bit too deep to remove. I could not tell if if was a bite mark or a manufacturing defect. The mark is not too noticeable. The nib smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. The garnet red version of Skyline is a bit harder to find than some of the other colors. I think they were not made as long as some of the other colors of moiré. Capped the pen measures 5 1/4 inches or 13.2 cm.
Price reduced to $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
6. circa 1940 Eversharp Doric fountain pen in Black. This is a fairly long lever fill pen, with the double check mark seal inlaid toward the top of the cap. The clip has some thin lines of brassing on the high edges, but no other brassing that I can see. There are some .5 to 1 mm cracks around the cap lip, which is very common for these Dorics with the circular flute around the edge of the cap. I did not do the restoration work on this pen. It has a fairly nice polish and no major scratches. The nib is a bit unusual and I don't know if it was original to this pen. The pen was made in the U.S.A., but the nib is marked Wahl, 2, 18K and has a hallmark that I do not recognize, it looks like a "L" and maybe three boats with sails, inside of an ellipse. The nib is a smooth Flexible Extra Fine or Fine and it is a very wet writer (see writing sample photo). Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.7 cm.
Price reduced to $175.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
Rules, Shipping, Etc.
The usual rules apply, the person sending the first e-mail on an item
~stating intent to purchase~ gets the item. I will give you 5 days to
decide if you like the pen or not. I prefer payment by PayPal but also
accept checks or money orders in USD. I can only accept payment by
PayPal from countries outside the U.S. I ship worldwide, so
international customers are always welcome.
Prices are post paid in the U.S., and will be shipped with a tracking
number and insurance. I normally ship inside the U.S. by U.S.
Postal Service Priority Mail. I also ship to other countries by Priority
Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,
if you request it, but it is costly.
Return Policy: I will always allow pens, or other items, to be
returned. If there is a problem I would prefer the chance to fix the problem
or replace the item, when and if possible. Otherwise a full refund
will be offered. If you find a problem and choose to send the item
(pen, mechanical pencil, etc.) to someone else to be corrected, I will
not be responsible for any other problems.
E-mail: michael at northwestpenworks.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Zosslist