[Zosslist] Esterbrook "Dollar" pens

David Silber noyesville at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 22:23:16 EEST 2018

Dear Zossers,
Recently, a vintage pen collector and pen dealer passed away.  He was also, it turns out, an avid Esterbrook pen collector.  Some of his collection has been offered, and sold, recently,  I was fortunate to get some of his "Dollar Pens"--standard Esterbrooks with a two-hold clip, made between 1934--1943, or thereabouts.  Esterbrook "dollar pens" were $1.00 in black.  In colors they were $1.50--same pen, same good workmanship, same range of nibs.  I have checked and reconditioned them, where necessary, and will be of selling them at coming pen shows.  However, I decided to put five of them on the Zoss list, to give readers a slight advantage in both time and price.  They are, as follows;
1.  Red full-size, full-width (type "B"), Esterbrook Pyralin cellulose, circa 1937, with arched top clip hole.  Pen has a 2556 firm, fine nib.  Note:  I can change nibs from fine to medium, if you desire.  Hardware and plastic are without blemish.   Price includes shipping within the USA.  $50.
https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/73966581343

2. Gray full-size full-width (type "B") Esterbrook Pyralin cellulose, circa 1937, with arched top clip hole.  Pen has a 2314M relief medium oblique nib.  Hardware and plastic are without blemish.  Price includes shipping within the USA.  $50.
https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/73966582273

3.  Black full-size (type "B") full-width Esterbrook Pyralin cellulose, circa 1936, with arched top clip hole.  Nib is 1551 firm medium--but it feels like it has a slight flex to it.  Hardware and plastic without blemish.  Price includes shipping within the USA.  $45.00.
https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/73966586437

4.  Green/gray full-size (type "B") full-width Esterbrook Pyralin cellulose, circa 1938/39, with squared top clip hole.  Nib is 2668 firm medium.  Note:  I can change nibs from medium to fine, if you desire.  Hardware and plastic are without blemish.  Price includes shipping within the USA.  $50.
https://photos.shutterfly.com/full/73966586726

5.  Black mini-size narrow-width (type "H") Esterbrook Pyralin cellulose, circa 1939/40, with squared top clip hole.  Nib is 2668 medium firm.  As with all, the plastic and hardware is blemish-free.  Price includes shipping with the USA.  $45.
PayPal or check acceptable.  Please email first to make sure the pen is still available.  Shipping within three days of order. David Silber, Noyesville Pens, noyesville at yahoo.com