[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's Moore L-96 - Parker (4) - Sheaffer's O/S Balance

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sun Jul 22 14:03:12 EEST 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.

#1.circa 1925 Moore L-96 in Tuscan Red. I would not say that this version of the Tuscan Red L-96, with the black cap end and thin-wide-thin bands, is rare, but they are very scarce. The pen is about 1/4 inch longer than a Parker Duofold Senior flat top and slightly larger in diameter. There is some brassing around the bottom edge of the cap band and some in the center of the lever. I elected not to polish this pen, I just wiped it down with a jeweler's cloth, so there are some light scratches and normal signs of use. The nib is a No. 6, but it appears to me to be about the size of other company's No. 8 size nibs. The nib is a smooth writing fairly flexible Extra Fine. On the barrel there is a dark speck next to the cap lip, but it is where the pressure bar is pinned through the barrel. Capped the pen measures 5 11/16 inches or 14.5 cm.

Price $595.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/1o4TmuS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6JXy2SC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5QZBiAp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Wb78nPF.jpg

2. 1941 Parker 51 first year of production, in Dove Gray with "wedding band" Lustraloy cap. The cap has about six or seven small bump marks and typical micro scratches on both the cap and barrel. The nib shell has some minor discoloration, which is less apparent than it appears in the photo with the cap off. Also, there is a shallow depression ring around the nib shell from cap. The blind cap has the original aluminum jewel and the cap jewel has been replaced with a silver colored plastic jewel. Original aluminum jewels can be found, I saw two offered very recently on eBay. The aluminum Speedline filler plunger has some erosion, but it works just fine. The blind cap is imprinted "Parker made in U.S.A. .1. which indicates it was made in the second quarter of 1941. Full production of the "Parker "51" line began in January of 1941. The nib is a very smooth writing fat Fine or a Medium.

Price $495.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/x4CyK1s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BVoNaKy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BBK1ion.jpg

3. 1951 Parker 51 full size Aerometric fountain pen in Forest Green with stainless steel Lustraloy cap. The cap has lots of micro scratches from normal use. The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K. Capped the pen measures 5 3/8 inches or 13.5 cm. The green Aerometric 51's are a bit harder to find than the other colors.

Price $160.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/HQ5Syxw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eAx8DBY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mPhZwUh.jpg

4. 1930's Sheaffer's oversize "Premier" Balance pen in black. The only damage that I noticed is a slight bit of a wave in the lever. The barrel imprint is deep. The nib is a smooth writing Fine two tone 14K, with an up-swept tip. It is one of the nibs Sheaffer's made that you can turn upside down to get an extremely fine line. Capped the pen measures 5 1/2 inches or 14.0 cm.

Price $220.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/lMVtWuM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jCOI4W2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/L8wTEPm.jpg

5. Parker "75" fountain pen in matte black. I think these were first produced in 1983. It can either be used with a converter or cartridges. I do not have a converter or cartridges for it. The nib is a very smooth writing Medium in 18K. I thought the pen might be mint, but I saw evidence of ink on the nib.
Price $90.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/z8oqpLV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NR30oh6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mK4bvcZ.jpg

6. Parker "75" fountain pen in the Grain d'Orge aka Barleycorn pattern. I think this one is silver plated over brass. It uses either a converter or cartridge. The feed is marked "F", but to me it makes a line closer to Extra Fine. The nib is 18K - .750. The condition appears to be Near mint. It has a cartridge in it, which I will empty and it can be refilled from a bottle with a hypo syringe.
Price $150.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

https://i.imgur.com/wjBm6TV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pvltWq6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PO7VrLI.jpg

Mail which is about $34.00 USD and up to most countries, except Canada,
which is less. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com