[Zosslist] ~FS~ 5 Vintage FP's - Waterman's - Swan - Parker + Doric Pencil

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat Dec 22 14:32:17 EET 2018

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.
#1. Post-1915 Mabie Todd & Co. "Swan" eyedropper fill fountain pen in black chased hard rubber. The pen has a very unusual crown and clip, with an enameled shield medallion on the front and enameled initials on the backside. The red, white and blue enameled shield has an eagle on the left side and a ram on the other. In the center it has raised letters stating "The Nat. Woolen Co.", which I assume means The National Woolen Company. The only brassing that I found is a small speck on the ball of the clip, which can be seen in one of the close-up photos. The cap crown has a lot of tiny bump marks and small scratches. The hard rubber has very minor discoloration. The chasing on the cap and barrel is very distinct and the barrel imprint is deep. The initials on the back of the crown are "E.L.T." in capital block letters. The clip has a high outward curve, about 5 mm away from the cap, that was done at the factory.  The nib is smooth writing and Flexible about a Medium No. 2 14K. The will make lines up to about 2 mm and writes very wet. It writes with a bit of a stub effect when not flexed. Capped the pen measures 5 3/16 inches or 13.2 cm.
*NOTE* I found this pen locally. About the time this pen was made there there were quite a few woolen mills around the state making everything from trade blankets to wool shirts, coats, hats, etc. The National Woolen Company is not one I have heard mentioned or written about. I do not know where it was located.
Price $225.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/da1tCZK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4UHNCP8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JcfSlSL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cErjKVU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Ekt4Bjs.jpg

2. circa 1925 Waterman's number 55 in Cardinal Red hard rubber. I did not polish this pen and it has a number of light teeth marks and a couple of deeper ones. It also has a couple of scratches and typical micro scratches. The clip has some bubbling of the gold around the edges, a speck of gold missing from the lever and a speck of wear on either side of the clip ball. After seeing the closeup shot of the nib, it looks like I need to polish it a bit. The imprints have some wear, but are all legible. The ink sac has been replaced. The box has lots of text graphics, is quite interesting and contains a slip that advertises Waterman's inks. Capped the pen measures 5 1/2 inches or 14 cm.
Price reduced to $450.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/7vg0tXN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/f95YW8S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DhShPj2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gZoBJi8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Y2tijCJ.jpg

3. 1946 Parker Vacumatic Major in black. There is no brassing on the clip or cap band. The barrel imprint is deep with raised edges. The clear barrel segments have light ambering. The threads on the filler unit bushing is missing the anodized coating. The nib is a very smooth writing Fine or Medium 14K, with a bit of flex. Capped the pen measure 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price $140.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/EPMyxLX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GGudFxR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jaQntsR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/roylq7M.jpg

4. 1928 Waterman's No. 52V set in Olive Ripple hard rubber. This pen has puzzled me for a few years. The barrel and nib were made in the U.S., but it has a cap that appears to have been made in Canada. The cap lip band is marked "FDW" .375 (for 10 Karat gold and the date mark is a lower case "n", which would be for 1928. I suspect it is a replacement cap. The clip and lever are gold filled, with no brassing. The barrel imprints have wear, but they are legible. The pencil has a capital letter "A" deeply carved into the top end piece, which screws in and could be replaced. The nose has some slack between it and the barrel. The pencil mechanism is working well. Capped the pen measures 4 3/8 inches or 11.1 cm. The nib is a smooth flexible Medium Stub 14K and will make up to about a 1.75 mm line.
Price reduced to $300.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/QZ9t6RT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DBhVSI5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5h2J4Qe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q2OW3c7.jpg

5. circa 1932 Eversharp Doric pencil in "Morocco Pearl" (burgundy). This one is a "gold seal" soldier clip roller clip model. It is a standard size, but the soldier clip Dorics were a bit shorter than the other standard model, which has a longer cap and more plastic above the clip. I think the soldier clip model is a bit harder to find, at least in my experience. The clip has three initials engraved, in a sort of pointy Art Deco style, which appear to be "G R S". There is a slight gap between the cap and the barrel. The pencil does not appear to have had much use. There is no brassing on the gold filled trim, which is kind of unusual, because there is nearly always brassing on the vertical edges of the cap bands on Doric pens and pencils. The mechanism is working well. The length is 5 1/8 inches or 13.2 cm.

Price 95.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/pNdnGkJ.jpg

6. 1929 or '30 Waterman's No. 94 in silver pearl with red. The cap has a repaired crack that runs from the cap lip and above the
band. I chemically welded it, which seems to hold better than when cyanoacrylate or epoxy are used. If you post your pen caps on the barrel end, this pen is probably not for you. The clip has a some very small pits in the plating around the top edge of the clip. I think this is likely the earliest version of this cap as it has a riveted clip and plain cap band. The later ones had different clip and a decorative cap band. The nib is a smooth Flexible about a Medium 14K, with a bit of stubbish effect. It is a wet writer and lays down a dark line. The cap end has the typical five steps. The 94's are a bit larger in diameter than the 92's. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.8 cm.

Price further reduced to $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
http://i.imgur.com/sk1gb0u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kCNnlDj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zo0sxip.jpg

number. I normally ship inside the U.S. by U.S.Postal Service Priority Mail.
I also ship to other countries by Priority Mail which is about $34.00 USD
and higher to most countries, if I have to add insurance the fee will be more.
In most cases I will split the mail fee to Canada, about $16.00. I can also
mail to other countries by Express International Mail, if you request it, but it is costly.

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com