[Zosslist] 5 Pens F/S - Cartier, Porsche Design, Stipula, vintage Magie Todd and Waterman

Adam Frank adamfrank64 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:58:14 EET 2019

Hello, Zossers! Happy MLK Jr. Day.

I have five pens for sale today, all ready to write. Please ask any questions via email. Prices include insured shipping in the US; international shipping will be at cost, please contact me. First firm offer gets the pen, etc., etc.  Thanks for looking!

Without further ado:

Cartier Diabolo Grain D'Orge in Platinum with a buttery smooth 18k white gold medium nib. Cartridge/converter filler, this pen has excellent heft without being too heavy for writing with for longer periods of time. Comes complete with box and papers. Asking $450 shipped.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/941/40817460564_f5ccecf519_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="DiaboloinSitu"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/821/27659804438_928874dcdc_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="DiaboloPackaging"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/903/27659804658_67d9f85269_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="DiaboloNib"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/929/27659804168_192ee98a4b_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="DiaboloWriting"

Porsche Design P3105 Special Edition Pure Black Fountain Pen with an EF rhodium-plated 18k nib. The Pure Black design is achieved with a robust PVD coating that is highly resistant to wear. The pen is a little heavy for the clip, but the clip does work. The converter is integrated into the back unit (you can see in the deconstructed picture) - which means that the only real way to fill the pen is either using a cartridge or filling the converter itself before inerting the unit back into the pen. It's innovative - but it's not the most convenient system I've used. Still, it's fun as something a little different. Comes complete with box - including the solid aluminum, black matte paperweight in the shape of a Porsche 911. Asking $350 shipped.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/790/27659802048_e77617c9a3_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDBox"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/833/40817457494_9b336fc422_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDInnerBox"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/936/27659801548_239c0c0355_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDInSitu"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/833/40817457904_d86481fb54_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PD"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/935/40817457044_7b24166e4d_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDNib"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/857/40817456774_1004c9ab14_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDOpen"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/904/27659798758_4c3b6cde1c_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="PDWriting"

Stipula Splash with a fine nib. Piston filler. In theory it flexes (it says so right on the nib); in practice I didn't find it particularly flexible. I don't think I ever filled the pen; if I did it was only once. Writes fine if a bit scratchy with what I believe is a steel nib. Good pen for the money; asking $40 shipped.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/939/40817456484_14a7654f4a_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="Splash"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/865/40817453974_a12d27e9d5_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SplashOpen"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/826/40817453804_92de7106fd_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SplashWriting"

Mabie Todd Swan 3160 with a flexible M or B 14k nib. Beautiful lever-filling pen with a buttery smooth, very flexible nib. The unflexed line is too broad for my taste, but the pen writes extremely well and lays down a thick, juicy line of ink. There's some brassing on the cap ring and a little on the lever. Asking $100.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/934/40817455504_38ef2ebd95_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SwanImprint"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/809/40817455014_72e5cd960d_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SwanSwan"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/818/27659799938_6078c9dea4_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SwanNib"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/914/40817455744_9214466aaf_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SwanFeed"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/887/27659797828_22c95110e4_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="SwanWriting"

Waterman 32V pen and pencil set</strong>. The pen comes with a very flexible fine 14k nib. I haven't tried the pencil; the person I bought it from said it was working. Great if small-ish pen, terrific nib, fills and writes wonderfully. Some plier marks or the like on the section, but at least for me it doesn't interfere with writing. Asking $120

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/906/40636859695_f1103ecb75_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="32VImprint"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/910/40636860185_d2fb6fbb7d_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt=“32V"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/934/40636859275_5b1d1754ac_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="32VNib"
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/882/40817463954_ab635e3351_c.jpg" width="800" height="600" alt="32VSet"

Here's the writing sample so you can compare the various lines without the pens sitting on the paper obscuring the view :-)

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/796/40817452024_c94bab9b92_c.jpg" width="600" height="800" alt="WritingSamples"