[Zosslist] ~FS~ 6 Vintage FP's - Croxley - Wahl (2) - Conklin - Sheaffer's - Parker

Northwest Pen Works michael at northwestpenworks.com
Sat May 9 07:37:40 EEST 2020

Hi all,
These pens have been restored inside and outside and are ready to fill with ink and use, unless noted otherwise.

michael at northwestpenworks.com

If you intend to make a purchase, please read "Rules, Shipping, Etc." at the bottom of this post.
#1. c. 1938 Croxley in burgundy pearl and black. I have always liked the stepped Art Deco clips and lever tabs on the Croxley pens. There is some pitting along the ridge of the lever and a bit on the cap band, which is typical for these pens. The barrel is imprinted "Made in Gt Britain" and "The Croxley Pen - A Dickinson Product". The pen has the wrong nib, but it is an upgrade from my point of view. The nib is a very smooth writing Parker Medium 14K that was made in the UK. It's not too flexible, but I would call it a "soft" nib. The plastic is very reminiscent of the black and burgundy pearl that Parker used, but a bit lighter and has more reflective quality. Capped the pen measures 5 inches or 12.7 cm.

Price reduced to $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/eMQlWkZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0GytWvw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/95UMrlg.jpg

2. 1920's Wahl number 2 size black chased hard rubber, in the "Dart" pattern. The pen appears to be in Near Mint condition. The chased Dart pattern is sort of a double chevron style. The nib seems to be either an XXX or XX Fine in 14K, marked "Wahl Signature Pen". Capped it measures 5 3/8 inches. The nib has only minor flexibility.
Price $165.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."
https://i.imgur.com/SJKbWfH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZzKgsT9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/haotF2U.jpg

3. circa 1930 Conklin Symetrik Endura set in "Green and Pearl". There is no brassing on the gold filled trim of the pen or pencil. The pen has some patches of discoloration, but normally when you find a green and pearl Symetrik Endura the cap and barrel are very discolored. This set has the nicest color of any I have seen before. The pencil has a deep notch or cut on the cap and I did not remove the teeth marks on the cap, thinking it would be best to replace it (see photos). The pencil works smooth and advances and retracts the lead as it should. I installed a real silicone ink sac in the pen, to help preserve the color of the plastic.
The nib is a smooth writing Extra Fine 14K, with a bit of flex, marked Conklin Endura. Capped the pen measures 5 1/8 inches or 13.1 cm. These are what I would consider a standard size set.

Price reduced to $325.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/dgNOWbz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f0jqUw4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vJYb7C6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K5VjCcW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Xqf0Wnb.jpg

4. circa 1929 Sheaffer's oversize Lifetime White Dot Balance set. The only thing I can see on the pen or pencil that could be considered as damage, is a thin line of brassing across the clip ball and the pen barrel has moderate discoloration and a small spot of discoloration on the cap. The pen has the name "L.E. Young" imprinted on the pen, in small block letters. There is no name imprint on the pencil. The barrel imprint on the pen is deep. This is a very early 1929 set, marked "Pat'd - Patent Pending" They were produced before the patent was awarded to the W.A. Sheaffer's Co. The pencil is working well and has extra leads. The nib is a very smooth writing Fine 14K. The overall condition of the set is Excellent.

Price further reduced to $245.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping
see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.

http://i.imgur.com/jWr9wDk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jRZMDV3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hZFAOSn.jpg

5. 1946 Parker 51 full size fountain pen in Cordovan Brown with gold filled solid line cap. The cap has no dents or brassing. This one has Art Deco style initials imprinted on the barrel "FED", which I thought was kind of interesting. I did not color in the initials, but if you purchase the pen and tell me what color you would like the letters to be, I can do that for you. I think the initials were original silver colored. The nib is a smooth writing fat Fine or Medium with wet ink flow. It has a Vacumatic filling system. Capped the pen measures 5 7/16 inches or 13.3 cm. The blind cap has a bit of a tight fit, but flip side is that makes it more difficult to lose. The pen's condition is Excellent.
Price reduced to $145.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc.below."
 https://i.imgur.com/aKF5uxo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xOMKhDx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3kVIT7U.jpg

6. 1920's Wahl No. 4 pen and pencil set in gold vermeil (rolled gold over silver). I do not remember the name of this pattern, it might be Wedgewood, but it is a scarce engine turned pattern and quite attractive. This particular set was made in Canada. I bought them separately. The pencil has not been personalized, but the pen has the initials A K M V on the indicia, in capital Roman letters. The pencil has a small deep mark just above the silver colored nozzle and the crown has a small shallow dent. The crown also has a small pit on top. There is no brassing, dents or other damage on the pen. The pencil advances the lead as it should. When the crown is pulled up, the lead storage area has straight line engine turned pattern, and I think the lead tube is gold filled. The nib is an Extra Fine. It is smooth and has a fair amount of flex. It is marked "Wahl 4 14K".
Price reduced to $450.00 shipping included in the U.S. Foreign shipping see "Rules, Shipping, Etc." below.
https://i.imgur.com/elufax6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/64mH2T5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3OJ4fff.jpg

Mail. I can also ship to other countries by Express International Mail,

E-mail:  michael at northwestpenworks.com