[Zosslist] Fakes!

Craig Lewis craigelewis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:03:59 EEST 2020

Given the inherent difficulties of policing FB...and the fact that creating
an ID is trivial...it has to be considered an even more suspect marketplace
than eBay...and that's saying something.

Our first rule over on WatchUSeek is "buy the buyer before you buy the
watch."  Holds here too.  What I might consider a yellow flag on eBay, tho,
would be more serious on FB simply because there's that much LESS
oversight, and because it's a private sale and my recourse options are
poorer.

Realistically, anyone who takes the position that any private seller on
these venues is too unsafe to deal with...might not be overreacting.  If
there's no pretty clear link to a retail outlet/dealer...pass.  Sure, that
can be seen as overly cautious, but I can't really think it's off the
wall.