[Zosslist] Online selling

David Silber noyesville at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 24 16:42:06 EEST 2020

Craig responded about seeing a pen before paying for it, for online sales.  My attitude is opposite:  I expect payment before shipping the pen.  If it isn't what I specified it to be, I will refund the buyer's money and the cost to the buyer of the shipping (if there is any).  However, I rarely know the buyer, so prudence dictates pre-payment.  On the other hand, I have been around since 1989, and anyone who wants to  can go to Ebay (gad, I hate that site) and check my ratings.  Especially on my website, I try to describe the pens clearly and accurately, but also on Ebay (did I mention I hate that website?).
By the way, on Pentrace there was a discussion of cheap pens, probably knock-offs.  One site in particular offers a lot of Parker Sonnets at prices of around $14, postpaid.  They come from China, and my guess is that either they are unauthorized repros, or made by Parker in China (yep, they have a factory there) that someone is selling under the table.  How good are they?  I hope to find out, as I ordered one--though I usually avoid pens less than 50 years old.  Dave