[Zosslist] Lefty Nibs

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Tue Nov 10 20:55:25 EET 2020

The lefty nibs offered were only fine nibs, and I've never seen oblique
fine nibs. I've seen OM, OB, OBB, and Pelikan offered an OBBB for their
M-1000 flagship pen, but never an Oblique Fine.

Interesting use of oblique nib.

Speaking of Obliques, a left foot oblique held in the right hand with the
nib rotated 90 degrees anticlockwise so that the oblique cut contacts the
paper so that downward movement produces a thin line and a sideways motion
produces a thicker line especially with stub or italic nibs. It writes much
better than the Architect grind nib with the same effect. Right hand
oblique nibs can be rotated clockwise for the same effect.

I've always assumed Architect Frank Lloyd Wright used an Italic or regular
oblique nib that he rotated.

Is there actual evidence he had a nib specially ground so it was like the
modern architect nib?

Best wishes,

David Ring