[Zosslist] To use or not to use...when to keep a pen mint...

Adam Frank 64calligraphy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:44:22 EET 2020

I’ve never bought a pen just to own it—all my pens are used, from my disposable Pilot Varsity to my Nakaya, my maki-e pens, Mont Blanc limited editions, and Conid. If you’re holding on to it for eventual resale that’s one thing, but otherwise I don’t get the benefit of owning a pen if you’re not going to write with it. The same is true for my vintage pens; if a pen is too much a "part of history” to use, someone else can own it.

That’s just my 2¢, though; YMMV, and probably will.

Best regards,
Adam