[Zosslist] To use or not to use...when to keep a pen mint...

David Silber noyesville at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 17:33:57 EET 2020

 Dear Paco and other Zossers,

Throwing my hat and vote in with the others, except in one respect:  Once a person buys a pen from me (or anyone, for that matter) it's theirs to do with as they wish.  if you want to keep it un-inked, fine, though as others have written, it undermines the reason for having a pen in the first place.
A fair number of pen fanciers have a large inventory of inks and pens, to use for different purposes, or simply to write in different hues.  So, having a bunch of pens to use is certainly fine and fun.
Personal note: for 30 years I collected pens just to collect pens, like stamps in an album.  Then, about 25 years ago, I started actually learning something about vintage pens, and spent the next quarter century lamenting my foolhardiness and ignorance.  Much more enjoyable now.
Dave