[Zosslist] Kaweco Sport

Vance R Koven vrkoven at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 22:13:18 EET 2021

A trip to the Kaweco site <https://kaweco-pen.com/> produces  the following information on nib changes:

Kaweco writing instruments are manufactured by a modular system. For the plastic writing instruments, such as CLASSIC, SKYLINE and FROSTED SPORT, there is a matching grip section with an integrated nib section for every fountain pen. Here it is not possible to change the nib section only.

For all other series, you can either screw in a 060 nib section or for the SUPRA and ELITE series a 250 nib section, as all higher-priced Kaweco writing instruments are equipped with a screw thread.

Instructions on this topic can be found here:

PDF: Kaweco Instruction <https://kaweco-pen.com/files/catalog/Feder-Serviceanleitung.pdf>
Video: Kaweco Tutorial STUDENT. How to change the nib? <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnomHdwb0SE>
JetPens has aa page on changing out Kaweco nibs here: https://www.jetpens.com/blog/how-to-swap-kaweco-sport-fountain-pen-nibs/pt/960 <https://www.jetpens.com/blog/how-to-swap-kaweco-sport-fountain-pen-nibs/pt/960>

However, this is obviously geared to swapping like for like (that is, Kaweco for Kaweco). The nib comes with the feed unit. If you want to be adventurous, you can figure out by measuring whether some other type of nib would work; I often use vintage Waterman #2 nibs as a kind of universal donor. But be careful, since you don’t want a nib that’s too big for the feed. FWIW, it appears you can get a 14k Kaweco nib that fits the Sport, if you want to spend many multiples of the pen’s price for the nib. The JetPens site has a page devoted to how to put a replacement nib in.

Good luck!

Vance

Vance R Koven
vrkoven at yahoo.com